Located on the front of the Natick Police and Fire headquarters to commemorate the horrible tragedy that occurred on September 11, 2001. The memorial features steel from Ground Zero and a sundial with engravings of the date and times the World Trade Center towers were hit.
Cannon War Memorial
Built-in 1867 and dedicated to those that lost their lives in the Civil War. Their names appear on the monument and the monument consists of three pieces of granite and costing the town $300. Henry Wilson presided over the original dedication ceremony. The four cannons surrounding the memorial were dedicated on July 4, 1875. Henry Wilson also presided over this ceremony also.
Clarks Block & Odd Fellows Hall
The sign on the building gives all the information we need to know: "This great structure was first built by Nathaniel Clark in 1872, but burned in the fire of 1874. He immediately rebuilt the same design and added 80-foot wings on each end of the building. Originally, this building held all of Natick's town government offices and town meetings were held in Concert Hall located on the third floor. This richly detailed Victorian Italianate structure is a symbolic and unifying element of Natick's remarkably preserved 19th-century character." Henry Wilson was also laid in state in the concert hall on the third floor of this building in 1875.
The Tackawanbait Lodge of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows was named for the town’s Native American minister, Reverand Daniel Takawambpait. Founded in 1845, the Lodge utilized the upper floors of the Odd Fellows building constructed in 1887-1888 on the corner of Main and Pond Streets off Natick’s Town Common.
Art Around the Common (Natick Murals)
Until a few years ago, Natick Center was not known for its public art. That began to change shortly after the creation of the Natick Center Cultural District in 2012.
Harwood Baseball Factory
Still, in its original location at 12 Walnut St., the Harwood Baseball Factory opened in 1858 and closed in 1988, Harwood & Sons Baseball Factory became the first-ever baseball factory in the world. The baseball made there was designed by John W. Walcott and was produced by Harrison Harwood. The balls were originally made with horsehide but cowhide was later used.
Henry Wilson Walking Trail
The Henry Wilson walking trail begins at the parking lot of the Middlesex Path.
History Henry Wilson
Not born in Natick but spending most of his life here, Henry Wilson, 18th vice president under Ulysses S. Grant has a fascinating history in our town. Listen to Pat Conaway, Natick resident, recount the history of this great leader.
Morse Institute library
Find out the history of this beloved town library, the largest in Metrowest, dating back to its opening in 1874.
Listen as local historian, Maureen Sullivan and Pat Conaway, Natick resident, share stories from Natick's history.